Day Seven: Big Horn Mountains, Wyoming


After we communed sufficiently with Devils Tower we pushed west across a great grassy swath of Wyoming. A quick detour was made into Sheridan to poke around the atmospheric Sheridan Inn. Note: Once you enter Wyoming, it pretty much becomes all Buffalo Bill all the time. Wild Bill Hickok was so South Dakota.























The Big Horn Mountains. Loved ones have charged that I'm a bit of a know-it-all about random places around the country (true). But the Big Horns? Nope. Didn't know a thing about 'em. So imagine my shock when I discovered myself driving through the most stunning place I've ever seen. Stunning. Glacial meadows, flowery valleys, joyful bugs buzzing everywhere. Stunning. Even my fingers are stunned as I type this.

Very fat, fuzzy bee atop an Indian Blanket (aka Gaillardia) flower. I mean, this bee is set for life. No worries, no hurry, just honey and good times 24/7:



No comments: